Thursday, May 28, 2009

In Case You Haven't Heard...

We've been sharing the news for a couple weeks now, but in case we somehow missed you... we are expecting Baby Haru #2!!  He or she is expected to arrive Thanksgiving Weekend so it's bound to be one exciting holiday!  It's all been a little surreal up until about 2 weeks ago when I saw the ultrasound of our new little baby kicking and wiggling around!  Not to mention my clothes have all become A LOT more snug since my baby bump has recently popped out!

It was much different conceiving this time around for us.  In fact, it was an absolute shock to me when the little plus sign showed up on the pregnancy test!  But Eric and I were ready to start expanding our family and know that it is all in God's plan for us.  Now that I'm 14 weeks along, I'm starting to feel much better and get some of my energy back.  The first trimester was pretty rough, especially trying to keep up with Kainoa when all I wanted to do was sleep.  I told one of our friends that to me, it kind of feels like having a hangover 24/7 but not being able to enjoy the party the night before.  I felt nauseous constantly, had weird cravings for cheese and greasy food, and was more exhausted than after running the half marathon!  I thought it was a dead give-away that I was pregnant when my friends and I stopped by Wendy's one night and I ordered a cheeseburger, usually NOT like me!  Anyway, the nausea is finally subsiding as long as I keep something in my tummy and I'm finally getting back in on my fair share of the cooking and cleaning around our house.  My hubby could not be happier about that!!  

Eric and I are so excited to meet our second child!  We often wonder what he or she will look like, how different s/he'll be than Kainoa, and how our lives will change when we become a family of four.  Having many friends that have recently had their second child, I know it is about to get a lot more hectic!  But in a good way!  I can't wait to see Kainoa with his little brother or sister.  He is going to be the best sibling a child could be and is bound to love all over this new baby with how sweet he is!  Although he won't be our youngest anymore, he will always be my baby.  :)  We will continue updating about the pregnancy as I progress, so stay tuned.  We are going to find out the gender in 4 weeks!  Yippeee!

1 comment: